Equestrian Jewellery at O’Reillys
“As racing season swings into gear, O’Reilly’s Auction Rooms are pleased to unveil the offering for their May auction. Horse lovers and collectors of equestrian-themed jewels will delight at horseshoe brooches encrusted in gemstones, while antique jockey pins dazzle in diamonds.
The selection at O’Reilly’s changes every month; for those further interested in this theme, the auction will often include items such a jockey-print cufflinks, stock pins and antique silver of racing and jumping interest.
Here, some May highlights:
– A diamond set fox’s head brooch, ruby eyes €280-€320
– A pair of antique diamond and enamel jockey brooches, mounted in gold, €6000 – €7000
– A Gucci diamond set horse bit pendant, mounted in 18ct gold €2500 – €3000
– A diamond equine brooch, modelled as a horse’s head within a horseshoe surround, set with old cut diamonds, €3500-€4000
– An antique diamond and sapphire horse shoe brooch, €2500-€3000
– A modern pair of silver bookends, modelled as horses, €650-€750
Auction: 1pm, Wednesday May 20.
Viewings: Sunday May 17, 12-4pm; Tuesday May 19, 11-5pm; Wednesday May 20, 10-12.30pm.