Before the Auction
- Unless previously registered, each Bidder must register beforehand with O’Reilly’s, by supplying their name, address, phone and email, together with suitable identification/references on request
- Bidders must obtain a bidding number and paddle at reception prior to the auction
- Commission bids can be made by registered bidders by phone or through our website up to 11.00 am on the auction day.
- Whilst every care has been taken in preparing the catalogue, bidders are deemed to have inspected the lots in person, before the auction
- Neither the Vendor nor the Auctioneer are responsible for any representation or statement in the catalogue (printed or online), as to origin, date, age, attribution, genuineness, condition, provenance, authenticity, defaults, faults defects or any errors of description on any lots.
During the Auction
- The Auctioneer reserves the right to control the bidding and to refuse and/or reinstate any bids
- The Auctioneer has the right to bid on behalf of the vendor in the case of a reserve. Lots may be withdrawn, divided or grouped at the discretion of the Auctioneer
- Subject to the discretion of the Auctioneer, at the fall of the hammer, the successful Bidder enters a firm contract to purchase the Lot and become the Buyer of that Lot.
After the Auction
- The Purchase price paid by the Buyer is the hammer price plus the Buyer’s fee of 18.5% (incl 21% VAT)
- Buyers must pay for their lots by debit card or bank transfer. However we do not accept credit cards as a form of payment. Please note that debit cards have a daily limit unless prior arrangement is made with your bank. Subject to the Property Services Regulatory Authority or PSRA requirements, buyer’s completing transactions in the cash amount of €500 and above, will be required to complete a cash origin form. This form will be available at reception and transactions will not be finalised until this form is completed.
- All lots must be paid for in full before collection.
- If payment is not completed within 10 days, any lots purchased by the Buyer may be sold by the Auctioneer and any costs or shortfall must be paid by the Buyer.
All dimensions and estimated weights of gemstones have been determined without unsetting the stones and are, therefore, only approximate because of limitations imposed by the mount. The weights are normally calculated by applying standard formulae to the measurements taken. Calculated weight: This term is used when all three dimensions have been used to calculate the weight. Estimated weight: This term is used when one or more of the dimensions could not be measured.
Diamond quality grade assessments, which are approximate, are based on comparison with known stones. The elements that comprise the grade can be estimated only, because of limitations imposed by the mount.
Gemmological descriptions are based on testing carried out by standard gemmological equipment without unsetting the stones. Whilst O’Reillys is reasonably satisfied that all such descriptions are correct, no responsibility can be assumed if subsequent unsetting and testing disproves these opinions.
Any article which incorporates pearls has been valued according to the opinion expressed, i.e. cultured, natural. Unless otherwise stated, none have been subjected to testing by Xray to confirm this opinion.
PSRA Registration Number #003688