Mother’s Day is Sunday March 31st…
Mother’s Day is right around the corner, so we have rounded up 5 ways to show your mum how much they mean to you…
- Breakfast in Bed: Make her feel extra special by spoiling her with breakfast in bed.
- Write her a Letter: Forget emails or texts, there’s nothing quite like a handwritten letter in the mail or delivered in person.
- Flowers: You can never go wrong with a beautiful bouquet of her favourite flowers.
- Dinner with her favourite people: Cook one of her favourite meals or order something in, either way she’ll feel special with her loved ones around.
- Jewellery: She will treasure the piece you pick out especially for her and think of you every time she wears it.
The Evolution of the Cluster Ring:
Worn since the Georgian era, cluster rings continue to be popular to this day. The name cluster says it all: a cluster ring features a stone in the centre that is surrounded by a circular halo of smaller diamonds. Cluster ring can be simple or elaborate, with the designs changing throughout the last 200 years. Starting with Georgian clusters, which were made in gold and blackened silver with more prominent prongs featuring rose cut diamonds, then onto Victorian clusters which featured more delicate and simple prongs. From there, Edwardian clusters began to showcase even more streamline designs, with Art Deco clusters fully embracing clean lines and geometric figures. Standing the test of time, there’s a cluster for every style or budget out there.
Trending for Summer- Yellow Gold Jewellery:
Most fashion trends come back into style eventually and the same can be said for jewellery. Once considered dated, yellow gold is making a comeback. If you are unsure how to wear yellow gold or wonder if you can pull it off, the answer is simple: yellow gold goes with everything and of course you can! Yellow gold compliments all types of colouring and is incredibly versatile. Though yellow gold is trending for spring and summer, it looks like it is here to stay. After all, it has been in fashion for nearly the entirety of human history! Yellow gold remains timeless while being trendy at the same time.
Trending Now- Statement Earrings:
So far, 2019 has been all about new and exciting jewellery trends. Though dainty jewellery pieces have been the ruling accessory for some time now, there has been a return of colourful, statement-making jewellery, especially earrings. From Céline to Chopard, brands are exhibiting statement earrings in exaggerated styles and unique colours. Why not change it up and try something new like a pair of statement-making ear candy? They are a great way to freshen up and update your look for spring!
All About Aquamarines:
Aquamarines range in colour from faint light blue to bluish green, with lighter colour stones being the most common. Here are some interesting facts about the watery hued gemstone….
- The name comes from the Latin word for ‘seawater’.
- Aquamarines are said to calm waves and keep sailors safe at sea.
- They are the birthstone for March and the gem of the 19th wedding anniversary.
- Some aquamarines are mined at 15,000 feet in Pakistan’s Karakoram Mountains.
- Aquamarine grows in beautiful six-sided prismatic crystals that on rare occasion can be more than a foot long.
Cove Cake Designs:
This month’s cover features a custom-made sugar bouquet by Cove Cake Design. Founded by award-winning cake artist Suzanne Brady, Cove Cake Design is a luxury wedding cake design studio based in Dublin renowned for delectable cake flavours and elegantly modern cake designs. For more information go to www.covecakedesign.com